Rules & Regulations
WARNING AND DISCLAIMER
This event is for experienced trail runners only. Please ensure that you are sufficiently skilled and trained to undertake the event.
The course is very tough and demanding in high altitude with remote sections that can result in slower first aid / rescue response times.
It is a combination of fire trail and narrow walking tracks including some very steep sections on rocky path, grass covered path, dirt and on rock and sections that are rough under foot.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit enough to complete the event which may take you up to 35 hours to finish.
Ensure that you are in good health and that you do not have any illness that will hinder your ability to complete the event.
It is your responsibility to monitor your health and condition during the event and to withdraw from the event if you are no longer fit enough to continue.
Mantra Summits Challenge is a tough race. It is not for everybody. It is designed for those physically and mentally ready to conquer themselves run across Arjuno and Welirang with high elevation gain, technical trails, long distance and other nature challenge including freezing, wind, darkness and rain.
You must physically fit and mentally prepared before deciding to register the race.
You must meet the criteria below before register to the race.
- Male or female 18 years or older as of race day,
- In good health (require health certification)
- Those under 18 years old, parental/ guardian permission is required.
Runners will be asked to provide details of qualifying event name and time result record during registration process
- Must have completed MSC 55K or other ultra trail race minimum 50K, or
- Triathlon minimum half iron distance.
- Must have completed MSC 35K or other trail race minimum 30K
55K, 35K :
- Must have completed trail race minimum 21K or road marathon 42K
- Must have completed trail race minimum 10K or road marathon 21K
Race committee have the right to decide whether the runner is in compliance with the qualification required
You must carry your own Mandatory Gear at all times during the event. Random gear checks will be performed during the event.
For the sake of fairness to all runners, a 30 minute time penalty will apply for every item that is missing.
For on-course gear checks, this time penalty will be served at the location of the gear check so a runner will not be able to proceed on course until the time penalty is served.
During this time, the runner must arrange for the missing item(s) to be replaced or they will not be allowed to continue on course even after the time penalty has been served.
For severe breeches of mandatory gear or failure to comply with the requests of event marshals, the runner may be disqualified.
Where it is not feasible to serve a time penalty on course, the time penalty will be added to the runner’s overall race time. The breech will also be listed within the results spreadsheet.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions. You may not transfer your BIB number to another runner without confirmation – doing so may result in disqualification of runner using your BIB number.
- If you wish to upgrade, you will be charged 10 USD in addition to the difference in new category fees.
- If you wish to downgrade, the difference in the registration fee will not be refunded.
- If you wish to doing BIB-transfer, you will be charged 10 USD.
- Any questions regarding the registration of the race, please contact Mantra Summits Challenge admin.
CHECK POINT AND WATER STATION
There are number of water station providing various drinks from cold to hot, snacks, food, fruits for all runners.
Checkpoint will be different from what we call water station. No drink or food in checkpoint. It will be mostly used for timing check or other runner checking purpose.
Drop bag are available in the race venue for all category and drop bag in WS Wonorejo for 55K, 75K and 116K.
One drop bag per runner is permitted. Drop bags must be closable and SOFT. Plastic bags / garbage bags and hard plastic boxes will not be accepted.
Checkpoint drop bags must be less than 10 litres in volume and less than 5 kg in weight.
Drop bags must not contain any glass bottles. Any liquids must be limited and if included, must be securely contained.
Valuable items should not be left in drop bags. All drop bags must be clearly marked with name and race number.
Write on the drop bag with a thick permanent marker pen rather than trying to attach a label that will likely be ripped from the bag in transport and handling. Checkpoint drop bags must be delivered to the collection point in the race central at race pack collection time before race briefing end.
There is first aid available at every water station. Medical doctor and nurse available in some water station for emergency response. There are also roaming first aid vehicles on the course for emergencies.
Each participant is responsible for their own basic first aid and should carry their own blister pads/bandaids, body lubricant, sunscreen and strapping tape.
If you pass an injured runner or a runner who is obviously struggling on the course, please stop to help them.
Keep a record of how long you stopped to assist, notify the timing staff ASAP at the finish line and they will organise to adjust your time accordingly.
- Red and white plastic band will be used for main marker
- Reflective stickers will also used for night time
- Some lighting and possibly laser light will also be used depend on weather condition especially on the top of mountain.
WITHDRAWING FROM THE RACE
Any withdrawal must be at a checkpoint unless you are assisted from the course by the event Medical Team.
To withdraw at a water station:
- Notify the checkpoint staff that you are withdrawing from the event.
- Complete and sign the checkpoint withdrawal form.
After you have withdrawn, transport will be arranged for you in designated evacuation points back to the race central.
If you withdraw from the event at any other safe location and are unable to go to the nearest checkpoint to complete the withdrawal form, you must immediately phone the Event Safety Team phone number (listed on the back of your race number) and state that you are withdrawing from the race.
They will want to know that you are healthy, the extent of any injuries you have sustained and that you are at a safe location such as back at your accommodation with someone to look after you.
If you can’t continue to the next checkpoint and need first aid / medical assistance on the course, phone the Event Safety Team phone number (listed on the back of your race number). The Safety Team will arrange to retrieve you.
COSTS OF TRANSPORT EVACUATION OUTSIDE THE POINT EVACUATION IS CONSIDERED BY PARTICIPANTS
We recommend that you arrange your own personal accident insurance, ambulance cover and income protection insurance before participating in the Event to cover any unforeseen personal costs you may incur due to ambulance trips, medical expenses or time off work due to injuries sustained whilst participating in the Event. International participants should take out travel insurance that provides cover for ultra-trail running events.
The Event Organisers may cancel the Event due to weather conditions, safety considerations, terrorism or ‘acts of god’ and that in such circumstances the entry fee will be non-refundable as long as it supported with valid and official evidence .
TAHURA R SOERJO
We must be thankful to the R Soerjo Forest Park for allowing us to run on its beautiful Arjuno-Welirang. Please be cautious to the following environmental concern along the trail.
- You are not allowed to take a nap/sleep outside the designated area which is the water station or check point. Use only provided water station/check point area for taking a rest during the race.
- Do not damage environment along your run, please do not take anything from the area
- Absolutely NO litter